What is bullying?
Bullying is when someone keeps trying to hurt or make fun of you.
Bullying is usually….
- deliberately hurtful behaviour
- something that is repeated over time
Bullying can be ....
- Physical - Hitting, kicking, taking things
- Verbal - Name calling, racist comments or jokes, threatening remarks
- Indirect - Spreading stories about someone, ignoring someone, or getting other people to do the bullying
Bullying can be face to face or by phone, texting, email, letters, notes or in internet chat rooms.
It may happen for a variety of reasons:
People may see it as just a bit of fun
They may not have been taught that it is wrong to bully others
They are unhappy at school or elsewhere
They have been encouraged to bully by their friends
- They have been bullied in the past
- Racial prejudice
Schools, colleges and the Local Authority (Council) are determined to stop bullying behaviour because of the unhappiness and stress it causes to all concerned.
Sorry, no downloads found.