This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. View our cookie policyX



As well as support from a Personal Adviser or Social Worker, we may be able to offer you additional practical and emotional support, such as through:

  • Helping you maintain, or re-establish, contact with family members or other important people from your past, including friends, previous carers, social workers, etc.

  • Providing you with a mentor or a peer mentor

  • Where appropriate, continuing contact with the ‘Independent Visitor’ you had while you were in care

  • Help to maintain or regain contact with people special to you or who cared for you in the past, like former foster carers or social workers.

  • If you are a young person seeking asylum, helping you to trace your family through the Red Cross if you want to do this.



Personal relationships.

We understand that having a boyfriend or girlfriend may be important to you and will offer you advice in reference to safe relationships, safe sexual relationships and cultural differences within relationships. We want you to be happy and safe and avoid situations where you might be mistreated or exploited.







Family contact

If you are already in contact with your parents, we will continue to support this contact. If you are not in contact with your parents and you would like to get in contact with them, speak with your Personal Advisor and where possible we will help to facilitate contact between you and your parents.

We will also look to keep you connected with siblings, especially if they are still in care. If you would like contact with siblings then talk to your Personal Advisor and where possible we will help facilitate this.



Young people seeking asylum.

If you want to contact your family or try to find missing family members the Red Cross offer a family finding service. They help restore contact between families separated by armed conflict, disaster or migration by using the global Red Cross and Red Crescent network. Your Personal Adviser/Social Worker can assist in contacting them.















Featured Links