Why do some people bully?
There are lots of different reasons as to why people become bullies. Possibilities include...
- having family problems
- being bullied themselves
- being selfish or spoilt and always want to get their own way
- having no friends and feel lonely
- feeling bad about themselves and want to make other feel bad too
- taking out their own frustration on others
- feeling insecure and unimportant - bullying gives them power
- bullied into joining a bully gang and have gone along with things just to keep on the bully's good side
- not understanding how bad victims feel
Bullies use 'differences' e.g. 'wearing glasses', 'too good at exams' and 'too creative' as an excuse for their bad behaviour. It's not the 'difference' in the victim that's the problem - it's the bullies who have the problem because they are:
Remember differences make people interesting and unique.
Sorry, no downloads found.
Sorry, no contacts found.
Young people helping and supporting each other online
Beat bullying with Bullying UK
Digizen - Cyber bullying
Information and resources on Cyber Bullying
- 04/03/14 - Fairy Tales and Photographs - Art Exhibition. Showing until 16 March 2014
- 06/03/14 - Weekly Street Sports - Football, Cricket and Dodgeball