Traineeships are designed to prepare students for a future career, by helping them to get ready for the world of work and improving their chances of getting an Apprenticeship or other job.
Traineeships last anything from six weeks to a maximum of six months with the content tailored to individual needs, including:
Work preparation training.
English and maths support (except those students who have gained A*- C) to help give the literacy and numeracy skills needed for the workplace.
Meaningful work experience which provides insight and experience of the world of work and makes students more attractive to potential employers.
Traineeships - Opportunities
Traineeship in Huntingdon
Starting in Huntingdon on the 6th February 2017
Commemoration Hall, 39 High St Street
- our traineeship is a 9 week programme which gives you everything you will need to start your career in a range of different industries.
- our training programme has been developed with local and national employers to ensure it focusses on the skills, attitudes and behaviours employers look for. as well as developing these key skills, you will work towards 2 nationally recognised quali cations; city and guilds Level 1 business and administration, and Level 1 customer service. you’ll also get help with your maths and english if you need it.
- once you are ready, we’ll work with you to match you with an employer who can offer you a 4 week experience placement which is suited to your skills and goals. we have a range of employers involved in the programme and all are committed to supporting people like you to kick start your career.
- at the end of your placement they will give you a proper interview – where you can show o all your new skills, and hopefully get a job.
- If you don’t secure a job, we will continue to support you in looking and applying for roles including hundreds of apprenticeships we are recruiting for!
Traineeships at Cambridge Regional College
12 weeks, 5 days per week 9.30 a.m. – 4.30 p.m. (typically) Work Placement hours to be arranged by employer and student
For 16 to 24 year olds who:
- Are currently not in a job, has little work experience, but who are focused on work or the prospects of it. (I believe people can be working less than 16 hour)
- 16-19 and qualified below Level 3 or 19-24 and have not yet achieved a full level 2
- Need to pass a pre-screening Maths & English test at a minimum of Entry Level 3.
Outline of activities
- 8 weeks unpaid work experience 100 – 240 hours with an employer
- Level 1 Award in Employability Skills & on-going Employability Training
- Health & Safety at Work Training
- Customer Service & Telephone Techniques
- First Aid at Work Training
- Maths & English
- Development of personal, professional and social skills: e.g: netiquette
- Team working activities
- Impartial careers guidance – access to subject specific assessors and faculty staff.
Qualification/certificate available: Level 1 Employability, Maths and English
Transport to college paid for by CRC if needed. JCP advisers may offer help with additional costs.
If you would like to know more about the Traineeship programme including whether it is suitable for you why not come along to one of our Group Information Sessions. Contact the Traineeship Team on 01223 418778 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Traineeships at The College of Animal Welfare - Godmanchester
Kickstart your career!
- Work preparation training
- Work experience
- Maths and English
- Are aged 16- 18 on 31 August 2016 OR aged 16- 24 and have an EHC plan
- Are unemployed with little work experience
- Eligible to work in England
What’s in it for me?
Gain valuable work experience whilst learning how to further improve your career prospects. Discover how to improve your CV and gain confidence in interview techniques to help you bag your dream job!