This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. View our cookie policyX

20/12/17 - How can i tell if my partner is pregnant

20/12/17 - Male, 18 :

I pre-ejaculated and touched my penis with my hand but cleaned the finger with cloth and entered the finger in girl vagina,also urinated after the last ejaculation these things was happened around 10 days ago now I am worried how would I know that she is pregnant or not and if she is pregnant than what can I do to stop baby fertilising process??

Ali says -

The only way to confirm a pregnancy is to take a pregnancy test.† Most pregnancy tests can be taken from the first day of a missed period or 21 days after you last had unprotected sex.† Some tests can be more sensitive and detect a pregnancy earlier.† As this was more than 10 days ago other forms of contraception would not help and you cannot do anything to stop the baby fertilising process.

You mention that you had urinated so I am worried you might be thinking everything is ok having read similar questions I have been asked recently.†† The safest thing is to assume that an erect penis is always capable of causing a pregnancy even before an ejaculation so cover it with a condom before it comes in contact with the vagina.

Pregnancy is not the only possible outcome here for you and your partner.† Sexually Transmitted Infections (STIís) can be transmitted by Sexual Intercourse and other forms of sexual activity. Some STIs can also be passed on simply by touching the infected area on another person then touching yourself.

I would advise you to seek advice and support to manage the risk you have taken.† There is a chance your partner could be pregnant or either of you could have caught an STI and seeking support from a sexual health professional will help you to explore the best form of contraception for you and your partner.

With the right help you will be confident to can keep yourself safe in the future.† Remember if you feel mature enough to have a sexual relationship it is important you are able to make informed decisions and manage any associated risks.

If you go to the iCash website it will advise you of your nearest sexual health clinic and I would suggest you both go along to seek some support and to explore contraception and safe sex.† Alternatively you and your partner can go to your GP for advice about the risk of STIís and future contraception.† As you are based in Cambridgeshire you could also seek sexual health advice and support from Young People's charity Centre 33. † You can view the Centre 33 website here to see if they have a drop in near you.

For more information on pregnancy testing you can look at the NHS choices pregnancy testing page here.† They also advise where you can go for help or support.

Back to Sexual stuff