This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. View our cookie policyX


07/02/20 - Female, 16 :

My dad has kicked me out and I can live with my mum but shes in London. I have been staying at a friends but they dont have the space so I need somewhere to live until I finish my GCSEs then I can go to my mums. Where can I get help from to find somewhere safe to stay?

Ali says -

Hi there,

Thanks for your message.

Do you have a person of trust at school (teacher, support worker)? You need to let school know your situation so they can put some support in place for you.

If not, The Youth Support Centre offer confidential support to young people by providing information, advice, guidance and practical help on a wide range of topics including career paths, housing, college courses and options.

I can see from your postcode that your closest centre would be Cambridge Youth Support Centre, 3rd Floor, Cambridge Central Library, 7 Lion Yard, Cambridge, CB2 3QD . You can contact them on either 01223 728500 or to book an appointment.

If you are unable to find a place to stay over the weekend please call 03450455203 (office hours 8:00am 5:00pm) or outside these hours 01733234724.

Wish you all the best

Back to Parents