This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. View our cookie policyX

13/07/2020 - Housing accomodation for young mothers and babies

14/07/20 - Female, 19 :

o you know of any mum and baby supported living within the Cambridgeshire area

Ali says -


Hello there and thank you for your question

Your postcode would suggest that Fenland District Council is your local council and they would manage your housing needs.  Look at their webpage here and you’ll see a list of support options are also available should you fit in to any of the categories listed.  Unfortunately Mum and baby supported accommodation in Fenland is a gap and they don’t have any such providers locally.

If you are worried or think you are or could be vulnerable then you can talk to your local Early Help team in either March or Wisbech, details are here

Alternatively there is Centre 33 the Cambridgeshire Youth Charity who offer a “Someone to speak to” service.  They could support you to explore housing, being a young parent, counselling and many other issues that might be relevant to you right now.  The latest update I have from Centre 33 provided the details below for accessing support during COVID:

Young people aged 13-25 can self-refer to us for support with a variety of things including Mental health, benefits, employment, sexual health and housing. All they need to do is contact us

By Phone: 0333 4141 809 (line is staffed 12-4 Mon to Fri)

Text / WhatsApp : 07514783745


Or go through their Website, which also has a lot of useful information on

They will then ring you back and offer a Triage appointment to assess your support needs. They are currently offering phone counselling but are holding a waiting list for face to face support if preferred.

I hope this is helpful and that you can access the support you need

Best wishes Ali

Back to Assorted